Treat your dog with these super easy homemade dog biscuits. This recipe includes basic ingredients that you can find at home and can easily be adapted with any number of toppers.
In India, Parle-G biscuits are a popular snack that is often shared with dogs. But Parle-G isn’t a great treat for dogs because they contain too much sugar and added ingredients that can irritate a dog’s stomach. With this recipe, you’ll find an alternative—a healthy biscuit for dogs that is easy to make. Adapted from Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen recipe for hemp seed dog biscuits, this recipe uses a variety of ground seeds like flax and pumpkin.
Basic dog biscuit recipes
Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (grind the oats yourself for maximum freshness)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (canned or homemade)
- 1/3 cup ground up seeds. Use a variety of ground seeds like flax, pumpkin and sunflower.
- 1/4 cup olive, canola (non GMO) or grapeseed oil (or any neutral vegetable oil).
1. Preheat oven to 350º
GET THE BARK NEWSLETTER IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up and get the answers to your questions.
2. Mix all of ingredients in a bowl.
3. Knead the mixture a few times (you can do this in the bowl).
4. Form dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Generously dust working space and rolling pin in oat flour. Roll out the dough, about 1/4-inch thick.
6. Cut the dough into rectangles or cookie-cutter shapes.
7. Place on a parchment lined-baking sheet, evenly spaced.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hardened and cooked through.